One of the most exciting elements of cannabis consumption is the accessories and gadgets that come along with it. Manufacturers put a lot of effort into cannabis complementing items, and there’s a variety of fun and functional items to choose from.
If you’re in the market for cannabis accessories, we have compiled the ultimate guide to help you get the best items based on your smoking needs. This article highlights everything you need to know about cannabis complementing items, including the different ways of consuming cannabis, the top accessories, and why these things are helpful for cannabis consumers. Let’s dive right in!
What Are the Different Ways to Enjoy Cannabis?
When it comes to cannabis consumption, one of the most critical things to decide – aside from selecting the best marijuana strains – is choosing what method you’re going to consume. Some people only use one or two ways to consume cannabis, but with a variety of different methods to try – exploring different ways to enjoy cannabis can elevate your experience immensely.
The psychoactive effects of smoking cannabis will kick in faster but last for a shorter amount of time. The effects of edibles, on the other hand, take some time to manifest, but have a much longer duration. If you’d like to become a cannabis aficionado, then it’s time you started experimenting. Who knows, you may find a new favorite consumption method!
Below, you’ll find some of the best ways to enjoy cannabis.
Edibles are drinks or food infused with cannabinoids and are a powerful and potent method of cannabis consumption. They are available in multiple forms, including candies, chocolates, baked goods, tablets, and gummies, and can either be homemade or sold commercially in a medical marijuana dispensary. As stated above, edibles take longer to kick in than smoking, but offer prolonged effects.
Studies reveal that the most effective way to make cannabis edibles is by adding cannabis extracts (obtained by heating a female plant’s flowers in oil-based substances) to your food. You should, however, note that cannabinoid activation is often difficult as the heating temperatures, solvent fat amount, and heating time are all factors that must be handled with great precision.
Smoking is the most popular method of cannabis consumption, and it’s not hard to see why. This inhalation method offers immediate results, though the duration of the effects is generally much shorter than that of edibles. Smoking also allows you to layer your doses as you see fit.
Dabbing is a cannabis consumption method that involves inhaling small but concentrated amounts of cannabis, mainly in the form of resin or oil. This method is highly preferred because it produces vapor instead of smoke and offers a generally cleaner experience compared to smoking. Dabbing is mainly preferred by more experienced cannabis users.
Topical Delivery Methods
This cannabis administration method involves applying cannabis extract to your skin for absorption. Cannabis topicals are often in the form of gels, balms, lotions & salves, and they’re used to treat muscle pains and aches.
Ingestible oils often come in the form of pills, capsules, and tablets and are an excellent option for people who might be skeptical about smoking medical marijuana. They also offer precise dosages and are a much lighter option compared to edibles.
Tinctures are concentrated cannabis extracts formed by soaking cannabis leaves or flowers in a solvent, which is most often alcohol. This mode of cannabis consumption is favored by people looking for the fast-acting effects of cannabis without having to smoke.
What Are the Top Accessories for Enjoying Cannabis?
There are different accessories for different cannabis consumption methods. Below, you’ll find an overview of the best complementing items for each consumption method.
Since smoking is the most preferred cannabis consumption method, it goes without saying that it has multiple accessories to help you enjoy the experience. Before you make your purchase, however, you first need to get the best weed strain such as Blood Drive (Sativa), Blue Alien (Indica), or Animal Mints (Hybrid)
Pipes are the most popular cannabis smoking devices, primarily for their convenience. These devices are small and easily portable. They’re also easy to use and operate by trapping the cannabis smoke, allowing users to inhale it. Due to their popularity, cannabis pipes are now more than a cannabis accessory; they are being used as a form of artistic expression and are available in multiple designs both in terms of functionality and aesthetics.
Bongs are filtration devices that can also be used to smoke tobacco. They first cool and filter the cannabis smoke before you inhale it, and while this results in a smoother smoking experience, the water can filter out some of the psychoactive compounds.
Vape pens are hand-held battery-powered devices. This battery is connected to a cartridge containing cannabis concentrate that is available in various flavors, including Lemon cake, Grape Pie, and Garlic Breath. It then heats it up, turning the concentrate into vapor which is inhaled using the pen.
Vape pens are highly preferred due to their convenience and lack of smoke.
Cannabis grinders have the exact working mechanism as salt or black pepper grinders. They have metal teeth that shred and cut cannabis flowers or leaves into tiny bits that can be rolled.
Even though dabbing and vaping use the same mechanism, the substances used are different. For instance, dab pens often use shatter or wax, while vape pens use cannabis oil or flowers. Dabbing accessories also require more heat because the substances are generally thick and require high temperatures to turn them into inhalable mediums. Some of the cannabis concentrates you should consider include Matrix NV Blood Drive, Matrix NV Guava, Matrix NV Blue Dream, etc.
- Dab Rig
Most people confuse dab rigs with bongs, but they are two different cannabis accessories. Bongs are typically used with herbs or cannabis flowers, while rigs require cannabis concentrates.
- Smaller dabbing devices
These devices are similar to dab rigs but are smaller and highly convenient. They’re usually portable and are primarily electric.
The beauty of edibles is that they don’t require any accessories; you simply eat them. They’re very popular due to their versatility as they can come in a variety of items. For instance, some of the cannabis edibles available include;
You can also get them in various punch flavors such as Pineapple Mango Delight and Watermelon Nectar or as THC Ghee. This kind of versatility makes them very discreet, allowing you to enjoy your cannabis with no outside judgment.
Tincture dosages can be categorized based on three different aspects: intended usage, time of consumption, and flavor. For instance, there are tinctures that can be consumed at night, during the day, and at any time. There are also others intended to calm you, for recovery, and help you sleep. You could also get flavors such as strawberry vanilla, peach, and green apple.
Why Are Accessories Useful for Cannabis Consumers?
The top benefits of using cannabis accessories include:
- They ease cannabis consumption: Cannabis accessories allow you to enjoy the best cannabis strains using the method that you’re most comfortable with. For instance, while some people are comfortable smoking cannabis in public, others prefer to consume it discreetly. This is where accessories such as tinctures and topicals come into play. Edibles are also pretty discreet and have intense psychoactive effects.
- Some of them are highly convenient: Accessories such as vape pens and smaller dab rigs are portable and allow you to enjoy cannabis while on the move. They also offer a cleaner consumption experience because instead of producing smoke, they produce vapor. While smoking has the most fast-acting effects, it can irritate the throat, especially for first-time users. It could also cause a burning sensation in the lungs, resulting in coughing. On the other hand, accessories such as bongs cool the smoke before it hits your lungs, resulting in a smooth experience.
- Better filtration: When most products are burned, they produce carcinogens and other toxins. Accessories such as bongs and dab rigs first filter the cannabis smoke before you inhale it, significantly reducing the number of harmful compounds. They also filter out some nasty products that are formed through combustion, such as tar, ultimately offering you a smooth cannabis consumption experience.
- Better high: New users should be careful with cannabis accessories because some of them result in very intense highs. For instance, edibles may take 2 to 3 hours for the effects to kick in, but once they do, they could even last for 12 hours. This is why it’s recommended that first-time users only start with small amounts to test their tolerance. Other accessories such as bong and dab rigs allow you to inhale a massive amount of smoke, intensifying the effects.
- Longer shelf life: Some forms of cannabis extracts, such as tinctures, last longer compared to cannabis flower. In some cases, the potency of tinctures can be as long as five years. This makes them the perfect method of preserving the medicinal properties of cannabis and a great alternative for people that only consume cannabis once in a while. Cannabis joints, on the other hand, have a much shorter shelf life. Once a joint is lit up, you need to finish it as soon as possible or store it properly to prevent it from going stale.
- Some of them reduce old and bacteria formation: If you use dab rigs or bongs, they’ll trap some of the harmful microbes before you inhale the smoke. Cannabis smokers are also known for passing a joint around, and with these two accessories, the water also filters out some of the contaminants. Other forms of cannabis deliverables, such as edibles, come in sharable amounts, while items such as vape pens are generally only used by one person.
- They’re fun: This is one of the most important yet often overlooked benefits of cannabis accessories. Let’s face it, smoking will give you the high you’re looking for, but it can get boring pretty fast. Different accessories allow you to try out different cannabis consumption methods. For instance, you can start with a vape pen to test your THC tolerance if you’re just starting out. You can then upgrade to edibles and smoking. Some of these accessories, such as pipes, also come in various styles and designs.
Most importantly, cannabis complementing items allow you to ease your way into the world of cannabis consumption. They let you experiment with various delivery methods to find the one that suits you best. You should, however, note that most benefits of cannabis accessories are often unique to the items that you choose. For instance, reducing bacteria and mold formation is only applicable to accessories that use water as their filtration medium.
Buy the Best Cannabis Complementing Items Today!
Choosing the right cannabis accessory is often overwhelming. There are so many items in the market that choosing the right one based on your preferences is difficult. Well – worry no more because we’ve got you covered!
Thrive Cannabis Marketplace is your one-stop shop for all your cannabis needs, including cannabis and cannabis accessories. And now, you can Thrive in even more places with the opening of our new Jackpot, Nevada location! If you’re coming into town from Twin Falls, Idaho, Thrive Cannabis Marketplace is the closest dispensary. It is the closest marijuana dispensary to Boise, Idaho as well. For information about all our products, services, and locations, visit our page or come to the location closest to you today!