Anxiety is something that many people suffer from worldwide. You may have heard the claim that cannabis can help relieve the symptoms of anxiety, and the truth is, that many people look to cannabis to find relief from the stress they feel.
What Is Anxiety?
Panic, worry, stress – it all is something we are familiar with, and anxiety is the ball of worry you feel, and the simplest thing can trigger it. Anxiety can present as depression and emotional responses, but it can also have physical symptoms, such as aches and pains, breathlessness, a fast heartbeat, dizziness, and nausea.
Over 80% of people who took part in an Annals of Internal Medicine study believed that cannabis has more health benefits than pharmaceuticals when it comes to treating anxiety. There are those who don’t think that cannabis will work from the best Vegas dispensary, but that’s what we are going to discuss here. Understanding how cannabis may help anxiety is important before making any decisions about whether to try it yourself.
How THC and CBD Work With Anxiety
It’s important to understand the active compounds of cannabis and how they impact anxiety. There are two main compounds at play here: THC and CBD. THC works as the compound that can produce a high, and CBD is a non-psychoactive cannabinoid found in cannabis. CBD is known widely for the therapeutic effects it can have.
People use cannabis from the best Vegas dispensary to try to help their anxiety symptoms. We know that cannabis may help with chronic pain, and there are studies going back many years to show it. Evidence suggests that cannabis has been used for mental health – depression being one thing it may help – for years. Some of the ways that cannabis may help with anxiety include:
- Feeling calmer has been a reported effect. Anxiety can send you into a tailspin, and the panic prevents you from thinking clearly. Cannabis may help to enhance a sense of calm and make you feel more settled. It can then improve your understanding of relaxation and your ability to stop feeling so tense.
- Another reported the effect of cannabis for anxiety is better to sleep. Those who have a mind in overdrive often say that they are unable to sleep at night. Insomnia is very common in those who suffer anxiety, and cannabis may be able to help.
These are common side effects and benefits in the cannabis community, and it can do more than that. Cannabis has been known to help the symptoms of social anxiety disorder and PTSD. It may also help with panic disorders and sleep issues. While CBD has been supported in studies and reviews for the ability to help with the side effects of anxiety, THC often has the opposite effect. THC is a psychoactive component, so it may increase paranoia and, thus, anxiety.
Cannabis can play a key role in your mental health, and if you have experienced CBD, you will know that the best Vegas dispensary can give you help in which CBD products to choose for your anxiety.
What Are The Negatives?
Of course, while cannabis is known to be a wonderful option for those around the world, it isn’t the Holy Grail of substances. There are negative side effects when used in excess, and those include:
- An increased heart rate
Each of these side effects may happen to you, but they also may not occur at all – not every cannabis consumer deals with negative side effects. Learning where to buy cannabis in Las Vegas is the best place to start when you are dealing with anxiety.
Using Cannabis For Anxiety Safely
Suppose you have considered using cannabis as a treatment option from the best Vegas dispensary. In that case, there are some ways that you can reduce the risk of an increase in anxiety as a result of using cannabis. Some of the ways you can use it safely include:
- Choosing options low in THC is the best place to start. If you haven’t used cannabis before or you are unsure of the different ways to consume cannabis, speak to the experts at the best Vegas dispensary around. The higher the THC levels, the potential for making anxiety symptoms worse, and you need the right advice here.
- When you decide to try cannabis for your anxiety, start slowly. It’s not a huge sprint to the finish line; you want to help your anxiety, not make it worse. Learn to begin with low doses and add more if you need more. Always give the cannabis some time to work before you try any more.
- Speak to experts when you want to try cannabis. The best Vegas dispensary is the go-to option for cannabis newbies. It doesn’t matter what the concerns are that you may have, speak to the dispensary, and help you buy the right products. We’re here to help you with this, so ask all your questions, and you will get the answers you need.
- Lastly, talk to the doctor. You want to ensure that you understand the cannabis you are taking and why you are taking it. There are many treatment options out there for anxiety, and if this is your decision, then you need to feel secure in your choice.
There are plenty of benefits to choosing cannabis for anxiety. You must understand the potential negative side effects and how it can help, so use caution and take your time as much as possible. Cannabis may help your anxiety, it’s worth a try!
Contact Thrive Nevada Today
At Thrive, we offer superb Las Vegas marijuana delivery and curbside pickup services as well as expert advice on cannabis products that you can use for your anxiety. Finding the best Las Vegas dispensary is so important if you want to give cannabis a try for your anxiety. Talk to us today, and we can advise you on the best options for products that may help your anxiety.